I do not take offense to these rankings, they are fun to read and help me gain knowledge of different wrestlers from around the state. Nor do I care about the politics of wrestling in Kansas. I would love to see a Grand State and a State dual tournament. However, I have no control over these situations.
Mr Cokeley your passion for the sport is to be commended, and I hope you continue to promote our sport and write on this forum. I usually do not agree with you, but I enjoy your willingness to share your thoughts.
As a teacher and coach, I do my best to train tough wrestlers, and individuals who carry that toughness into all aspects of their life's. I will continue to find ways to educate the wrestlers both in the classroom and on the mat. I will encourage them to find time between harvests to seek out the toughest wrestlers, while at the same time remebering that success in a program goes beyond the number of state champions produced.
Daily progress is our motto, and I am proud to say our wrestlers embody the motto in the truest sense.
As far as comparing schools, each school has their own unique situations, and each of them have good points to their arguments concerning the issue of State Wrestling and winter sports in general. I hope we continue to move the sports forward, while not alienating all of the kids that put in their time on the mat, win or lose. They definitley are a part of our wrestling family and deserve our respect.

Jonathan Whisnant
Goodland High School-USD 352
Assistant Wrestling Coach
jonathan.whisnant@usd352.org