Originally Posted By: Mike Furches
A serious question, I will be honest, I like the schools I have either gone to, Tabor, ETSU, and limited KU, and from which I grew up, Tennessee, and have lived at and had season tickets, Furman and Tulsa. I am pretty big on being a fan of Tulsa, Furman in all sports, East Tennessee State in Basketball, and Tennessee in Football (I know a horrible year for me) but the question I have is how does one become a fan of say OU or OSU when living in Kansas. I know that the concepts aren't always consistant, I have never for example been a huge fan of WSU in any sport, will yell for them but not a huge fan, and I like both KU and KSU as well as OU and OSU although Stoops did help move me to more support of OU. Anyway, just curious.

I was born in Omaha and I still have a lot of relatives living in Omaha and in Nebraska. My dad raised me on Nebraska football from the time that Bob Devaney started coaching there in the mid-sixties. I have enjoyed some great seasons and championships with them as a fan over the last 45 years or so. They will always be my No. 1 football team. I played one year of freshman football at KSU in 1969 (actually got to play against Johnny Rodgers that year). I went to KU my last 2.5 years of college. For those reasons I also like both KSU and KU. After those 3 teams I have interest in all the old Big 8 schools doing well especially since all five of the Big 12 wrestling teams come from the old Big 8.

Vince Nowak
Kansas College Wrestling Fund Supporter
Please join the fight with your contributions