Besides Gardner-Edgerton, I also agree that Lansing should be a top ten team. I just saw how many points they scored at Eudora. I have also seen how many more points that Gardner Edgerton scored at the JC Classic than St. James.

Eric, you need to consider even using your standards for ranking teams that St. James had two 1st place winners at JC Classic and still only finished 11th out of 20 teams. A lot of an all class tournament for team scoring would depend on how you would set up the all class tournament. Are you going to let the top six placers from 6A, 5A, 4A and 3-2-1A in the tournament, the top 4 or just the top 2. The more you let in the tournament the less influence only two top wrestlers could have. As is shown by how St. James finished at JC Classic with two champions.

I think you need to rank teams by a different criteria. When people are looking at an all class team ranking they really want to know who the top ten teams are and not who would finish in the top ten of a tournament of your individual weight class rankings. To me it should be how they would finish in a team tournament format whether by dual or individual bracket tournament. I think dual would be better for a ranking of teams but even if by individual bracket it should be a format where you take the whole team to the tournament.

Vince Nowak
Kansas College Wrestling Fund Supporter
Please join the fight with your contributions