As I have stated before, there are entirely different dynamics for each tournament. It is my intent that the All-Class team rankings reflect how a grand state type tournament might turn out. I have been clear that the rankings are not about Dual strength. They attempt to simulate the top 4 placers of each class in a 16 man bracket. It would be similar to a National tournament.

In contrast to the JOCO classic, many of the teams that placed above SJA would have ZERO placers in this type of elite tournament. Taking nothing away from those team efforts, teams such as BVW or MV who placed 3rd and 6th at JOCO, have no wrestlers that are ranked in All-Class. How would that justify a higher ranking than a team with two finalists? BVNW, ON, BVN and BV have 1 wrestler each ranked in the top 10 statewide.

In my opinion, these rankings give us that glimpse of a Grand State tournament. We already have individual class rankings and pursue team titles in all 4 classes. Having said that, even if you took the top teams to an elite tournament, entering all 14 wrestlers from each team, I don't think it would change these rankings much. Understand that Moeder and Cokeley would still finish very high and many wrestlers that scored points at JOCO would score very few or none. In fact out of the current top ten, the only reason that we are having this discussion is the inclusion of SJA. The other teams did not change that much. I don't think many would argue that Goddard, Wichita Heights, Derby and Emporia are elite teams in Kansas. I applied the team scoring for such a tournament and SJA narrowly outscored GE and CC.

Did that clear things up?

Eric Johnson

Acts 4:12