You know, there is a way to have a true national champion, from a "tournament" & still be able to keep all those sponsors (and the only thing everyone wants - $MONEY$)!!!

You simpley take the first 3-4 weeks out of the season (used to be the "cup-cake"/poll-building games, but are now actually somewhat competitive) and make the conferences start out their season with conference opponents. When you get down the the end, you take each conference Champion (and yes, make them all play to a conference championship) and how many other teams you'd like, from the remaining "BCS-style" ranked teams.

Let's say you select the top 32 teams in the country for the tournemamnet:

Week/Round 1: 16 games played a various locations, with the same Bowl sponsors from this past season (which there was a total of 44 Bowl games played: http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3444571)

Week/Round 2: 16 survisors play 8 games at various locations with other bowl sponsors.

Week/Round 3: 8 teams play the four game at the "BCS" site of Rose, Sugar, Fiesta & Orange.

Week/Round 4: Final 4 play the two semi-final games with additional sponsors.

Week/Round 5: TRUE National Championship, where the previous season and PLAYOFF decided the National Champion, not some frickin' computer(s).

To summerize: My proposed Playoff format, would take 5 weeks, there would be a total of 31 games played.

Note: I was born in Nebraska, still a fan and not just posting this cause I'm reacting to anything, but my distain for the corrupt BSBCS.

Shane Koranda
Towanda, Ks.