Originally Posted By: Chief Renegade
Good discussion guys! I appreciate the input and am certainly not bothered by the valid points you have brought up.

My criteria becomes more valid the tougher the tournament. The confusion comes from a lack of understanding about the differences in formats. A Grand State tournament would have 16 wrestlers consisting of the top 4 from each class. Vince's points about entire teams, class tournaments, JOCO and especially Dual strength are irrelevant. ...

Eric, I respectfully disagree. The reason I have commented so much on your current ranking of St. James as 9th ranked team in Kansas is that it is misleading to the young kids who are reading this topic. I know that a lot of them read this topic of your All Class Rankings and they tend to take them as gospel and not just your opinion. And that is all these rankings are they are just one man's opinion. You may be just presenting a picture of how your All Star invitational tournment would turn out based on your different scoring system for a tournament but that is not how many people are viewing it. They are really viewing it as these are the current best teams in Kansas. I am just pointing out that this is an incorrect way to view these rankings and to realize in looking at these rankings these are not official but only Eric Johnson's opinion.

Vince Nowak
Kansas College Wrestling Fund Supporter
Please join the fight with your contributions