Originally Posted By: shwrestlingmom
These are just his opinions. Chief gives no credit to my son and I used to take offense. Since then my son and his dad have got to talk with the 103lb kids and parents and to me those are the opinions that count. The ones that are on the mat together. So lets hear from the wrestlers: RANK YOUR WEIGHT CLASS. I'm sure there will be some shake ups in chiefs rankings. I'm sure Chief never expected my son on the stands this weekend but his opponents did.

Michelle Kmiec

Congratulations to your son's achievement at State! The All-Class rankings are TEN wrestlers deep at each weight. It is certainly not intended to offend anyone. With 4 State tournaments, we have 24 wrestlers that place. Fourteen of them will not make the top ten. Aspen had a fine season and I have heard many complimentary things about him. In the end, he finished 4th in 5A. He pinned Dakin, beat Dean by 5 and Williams by 2. I had several conversations with those that saw his win earlier in the season over Seybold and when Aaron beat him 14-2 at State, that confirmed my thoughts. Along with the other seven losses, I could not justify a top ten All-Class ranking. To say that I didn't expect him to place in 5A is reaching.

Eric Johnson

Acts 4:12