Originally Posted By: RJW1
Originally Posted By: Chief Renegade
I just looked at my notes and it was extremely close between those teams. Reinhart, Little, Curry, Kuipers, Carpenter and Westmoreland would score points on the backside for Derby. As close as those points are, I will look at that again. It does seem like Arnberger and Kriss with titles, would edge them ahead. I know that Feldkamp injury defaulted at Newton after losing to Nelson.

Feldkamp did default for 3rd and 4th, but not after he lost to Nelson, which means he could have socred 4 more points at Newton. Weren't all those guys wrestling when Colby beat them by 75.5 points at Newton? You say it is extremely close in your notes, but it sure wasn't very close at Newton!

I guess it does not really matter the more thought I give this situation as they don't give out trophies based on your rankings, but it seems to me your credibility as a ranker takes a big hit when you rank Colby behind a team they beat so badly at a major tourney, not to mention Clay Center behind them as well. Maybe that is my Colby bias speaking or maybe it is my common sense that recognizes your apparent big school bias at work??

After running through each bracket at State, I have given the edge to Colby and have moved them up to #3. A question for you Rick... What would be the upside for me to have a big school bias? Why would I care how big the school is? Certainly the level of competition comes into play, but especially in 4A that is not an issue. I applied a point system to each team's State placer's and then looked at the strength of the brackets. I just can't imagine someone having a motivated preference for schools based on enrollment and every time I hear that it makes me laugh a bit.

Eric Johnson

Acts 4:12