I may catch a little heat here, but according to the National Rule Federation rule book, which Kansas adopted, with Kansas modifications, which USAWKS adopted with KSHSAA modifications, again with their own modification, but no where in the USAWKS modifications does it say how many times a coach may question a judgement call without penalty...?

Maybe we need to address this issue just as it is spelled out in the rule book and as it stands now. How many interruptions are we going to withstand before it becomes a nuissance and hinder the progress of the match(es)? We really need to address this issue as it seems from past experiences kid's club coaches have no worry about how many times they question a call as there are no consequences for the actions. Do we need to implement a set of specific USAWKS rules regarding this or will it go on unregulated?

After reading this article, http://matref0.tripod.com/Articles/CMC_and_USC.pdf , I began to wonder, is this something we need to do as a State? How much time do we waste explaining to coaches that it is a judgement call and will not be overturned no matter how much arguing is done?

I know this is something that is part of our sport and will always be but at some point we need to move forward in the name of progress and I believe this is an area where we can go forward and make some immediate positive changes.

Alex R. Ryan

Alex R. Ryan
KSHSAA Official #15616
USAWKS Official #707