I think it's a great idea.

You know, every kid who has ever been fortunate enough to break into the chief's "all-class rankings" will probably cherish that exalted status and memory for a life-time.

Some time back, someone (maybe the chief) said that "it" (i.e. the "all-class rankings") "belonged to them" (i.e. any kid who, if for a brief period of time, broke into the rankings), and I thought that was so true. Shoot, from my high school athletic career, I can remember meaningless details of absolutely no importance to anyone, but me and my family. Does anyone truely labor under the delusion that even mention in the chief's all-class rankings hold no allure, or will not forever be impressed in some young athletes (or their family's) memory?

Keep in mind that we don't have a grand state to sort all of this out. Thankfully, We do have the chief. The idea that an athlete was deemed to be one of Kansas's best wrestler's by someone (yeah, it's an opinion), but an extremely educated and researched one, and I can't even fathom the time that the chief has invested toward this worthy endeavor, nor, for that matter why he chooses to put himself "out there")

Sure,the chief's opinions are not state issued hard-ware, but it's pretty exalted recognition for a alot hard work and sacrifice, and it's gives us a pretty good idea how these kids would likely stack up at a grand state. It goes without saying that the chief could be wrong, as on a given night, for most of these truely elite wrestlers, anyone could prevail. So be it.

Mark my words, when the chief has had enough, and decides to check out, the perenial debate as to who is the best at any given weight in the sundry classes will not end. We will simply not have a convenient forum in which to debate, argue and/or discuss the issue.

Anyway, for all of you out there who are critical of the chief for his perceived intrusions into your "order of things", hide and watch: until we ressurect the concept of a grand state, I can't imagine someone willing to step into the chief's shoes and do as credible a job as the chief does,and has done, year-in/year-out.

As an aside, I've never met the Chief; but his regular contributions on this forum have contributed immeasurably to my knowledge and enjoyment of matches in this sport, and for that I'm genuinely grateful.

My son's have graduated. I no longer have anything invested in this sport. I just wanted to weigh in with a sincere not of gratitude to the chief for his contributions to this sport that I have come to love.