Originally Posted By: Stevie08
Originally Posted By: Chief Renegade
Bad for who?

Stevie,

22% of your lifetime posts on this forum have been on this All-Class thread. In what way do you see them as Godly?

Obviously, the "godly rankings" (hint no capitalization of the word) was sarcasm. It's not that I think your rankings are awful, it's just I see no reason why some are set the way they are. Before you ask me to give criteria for why I think that, give me some for why you have chosen to give certain people criteria over others with no head to head. Example, both Blair and Madl lost to Dozier. Neither of them lost any other matches all season. Both state champs, Blair's second. What gives Madl superiority over Blair? Should they not be co-champions such as Maple and Napier were before their head to head? And now that there is a "prize" involved in reaching the apex of your rankings, why would it not be argued that some others may deserve one too?

Now we are talking. You gave me some criteria without me even asking. Nice job. OK, let's talk about Madl vs. Blair...

Both great wrestlers and the margin is very thin. However...

Madl lost to Dozier in OT after getting tied in regulation with less than 5 seconds to go. Parker was also sick with the flu at that tournament. He then beat Peoples for the 5th time last season after Peoples had just beaten Dozier. The real criteria comes in when you compare the strength of the 140 brackets in 5A vs. 6A. That 6A/140 bracket was one of the toughest brackets in the state in ANY class. The top four wrestlers were Madl, Peoples, Dozier and Shavlik. 5A/140 had Blair, Dikin, Langford and Seibel. All quality wrestlers but as a whole, below 6A. Two other things seperated Madl from Blair. #1 - Madl began the season weighing 138 and never cut weight the entire season, moving up from 119 the prior year. Blair wrestled 160 at Kid's state a month after the HS season. #2 - Madl wrestles 9 months out of the year and was a Fargo All-American in 2008.

After considering this criteria, I ranked Parker Madl #1.

Eric Johnson

Acts 4:12