The Jubster and I arrived last night about 6:30 and spent the next few hours handling some of the logistical concerns for Team Kansas.

An evening meal at BW's with coaches Peterman and Hermreck and it was off to bed by midnight! Up about 7 or so ... Cadets arrived at 8:30 am ... the balance of the morning was spent trying to establish an internet connection … which we now have!

Note: Our dorm room in Seim (pronounced Siem) Hall is on the top (9th) floor and facing north and with a beautiful view of Neuman Field which is where the Fargo-Morehead Redhawks play their ball games. While looking out the window at the said ballfield, I have found a new spectator sport! I have spent parts of six hours watching an artesian, astride his instrument, manicuring a lawn into a piece of art. To some, I am just watching a guy mow grass … but I beg to differ!

At noon it was lunch, at 1:30 it was pictures, at 2 pm a workout. The Cadets are now back in the dorm and showering etc.! There are a couple of meetings scheduled and they have weigh-ins at 7 am. Wrestling starts tomorrow at 9:30 am.

I’ve been typing for a while now without mentioning the weather! For those of you who are reading of our ventures for first time, the weather is always a concern as the dorms at NDSU are NOT air-conditioned! Right now, the temp is about 72 and it is breezy … last night it got down to the high 50’s and it was beautiful sleeping weather! The 10-day outlook has a high of 82 degrees!! Let’s hope so!

More later …

Are you making a POSITIVE difference in the life of kids?

Randy Hinderliter
USAW Kansas
KWCA Rep/Coaches Liaison
Ottawa University Volunteer Assistant