Originally Posted By: averagejoefosho
OK so I'm curious no offense to either wrestler but how can you have a wrestler ranked 6th at 152, who gets 2nd last year his only year at state, and then not include a soph who finished 2nd last at 130 i mean really...are you serious....hasnt that picking kid made state every year since he was in 9th grade, also i know he has had good finishes @ not only kid state but brute as well over the past couple of years, and got 5th and 3rd in 4A, and a kid who finishes runner up just after one year is ranked ahead lol...just wondering how that all works out

Average Joe,

I am serious.

Somewhere in all of that is a good question. I will search for the sophs name that placed 2nd at 130, but providing that name would have saved me some time.

1. Check your facts on Picking. He is a very tough kid and I have him ranked, but he was 22-15 and went 0-2 at state in 2008 as a freshman, getting pinned in both matches. He was 18-4 last year as a soph and got 3rd in impressive fashion, which is why I ranked him.

2. Sam Son had a fantastic year. He beat a tough senior, Quinton Wuthnow, 41-6, in the semis last year at State. He also had quality wins over several state placers.

Eric Johnson

Acts 4:12