Coach Lemon,

I like it that Freshmen are getting recognized in the rankings. In fact, their pre high school careers should be considered when you are seeding that first high school tournament. Many of these eighth graders have seen tougher competition in kids than they will see most of their first year in high school, especially at the lighter weights. I would rather see freshmen considered in the speculation than completely discounted just because they haven't wrestled a high school match yet.

At Ryne's first HS tournament they REFUSED to seed him. It was a pool tournament where only the winner of each pool would advance to the medal matches. He won the tournament out of the two seed's pool. Not very fair to the two seed.

Summer and Kids wrestling on the national level is, for the most part, much tougher than the average Kansas high school dual or tournament.

Also, it is hard to measure 321A versus the remaining classes as well. Most 321A schools do not participate in the toughest HS tournaments with 4A,5A, and 6A schools. (Norton being an exception). Point, Francisco Antillon won state in 07 and 08 in 321A at 103. He didn't place at 112 in 4A in 09.

The Chief is on the road today so I am backing him up! smile

Will Cokeley
(708)267-6615
willcokeley@gmail.com