Originally Posted By: XGHSWC
People that comment are just having fun too with the whole thing and have a right to give opinions, etc. without having to "calm down". Like me. I know that I should just "let it go" but this is just too much fun.

Good. It is fun.

For you Chief, I first say congratulations with your father-in-law's honor. That is really cool. Your wife must be VIP.

It was a great time and I did overmarry!

My concern is more with regard to the individuals not listed. I felt that they needed to be recognized also so I threw their names out. I did not really expect Chief to change anything because it is his list after all.

I would definitely change them with sufficient criteria.

So Chief, publishing their records was not necessary. I was trying to positively recognize them and that negatively recognized them. As for those that could go 103, I do not think that they should be measured by their losses from HS last year.

I had to post my criteria. All of those guys were considered and are tough kids.

Bonilla should be #2 at 103. Gentzler is totally legit but he won the kids state title at 90 pounds. How do you justify putting him above Bonilla who won the kids state title at 105?

Gentzler has many more accolades than that kids state title. Again, #2,3 and 4 on that list are REALLY close.

Calderon beat Mulligan at HS Garden City and so did Garcia so they should both be ahead of him as that is a clear head to head.

Good point. I will look at that again.

Wolfe should be ranked even if he goes 112. He placed at HS state, yes at 103, but he beat A. Hood who is ranked at 112. Both Hoods are indeed legit but that is a clear head to head.

Wolf is very tough. He did beat Austin and then lost to Stalford, Kriss and Cole to place 6th in the same bracket, right after Hood beat Cole to place 4th. Hood in my opinion is better but the 112 jump will be a test.

I cannot however let it go with Wrestler at 119. He is a proven placer at HS state 119. He is a multi kids state placer who has beat lots of really good kids over the years some that you have ranked over him. Most of the others listed were at 103 or 112. Wrestler should be higher although he can't be above Hines because he lost to him at HS state.

I have Hines and Wrestler ranked 1/2 in 4A. Stalford was a State Champion and Prescott was a finalist. Wrestler took 6th at State with 11 losses. I agree that on any given day Tim could beat these guys and I know how tough he is, but I believe he's ranked correctly for now.

And what about Beasley? You say that his win at kids state is trumped by something else. You obviously use the kids state criteria when ever it suits you.

Beasley is ranked #2 All-Class. That win over Smith at kids state was a gift by anyone who actually saw the match. That is not to say that he and Smith are not extremely close. The 1.5 periods or in that case 1.6 period is not the only reason I decided that way.

Chief, I really do appreciate you responding to my earlier comments in a mature non-offensive way and ask that you continue that practice. Although I am sure that it will be more difficult with each of my responses. Keep up the great work either way. And for the rest of you, let the mud fly. And of course, have a great day!

Enjoyed the talk!

Eric Johnson

Acts 4:12