This was under the wrestling announcements on the KSHSAA website. I am guessing that Rick wrote this up on Dec. 7.

2009-2010 NEWSLETTERS

December 7, 2009
REGIONAL WRESTLING ASSIGNMENTS – With the conclusion of the football season I’ve finally been able to focus upon wrestling matters. The long football playoff system of 153 football games played over a four week period requiring the selection and assignment of officials at least a week before the first playoff game makes for an extremely long November. It seems that everything else has to take a back seat to football for that entire month.
I’ve contacted potential regional host sites but am encountering challenges – ranging from financial challenges for some schools who can no longer host events due to the added cost of such events to scheduling conflicts has meant that I need to re-examine all of the regional assignments. While I’ve been able to finalize host sites in a number of classes, there are still a number of classes that I’ve not yet been able to identify a host site. Until I’ve been able to identify the four (4) regional host sites for a class, I am unable to provide the regional assignments.
Given the very difficult financial situations schools are meeting this year I’ve given high priority to trying to identify host sites that are more geographically centered within a configuration of schools that would be attending the regional. Until the four host sites in a class are identified and agree to serve as a host site, I cannot finalize the assignment of schools. While I don’t have a specific deadline for identifying the regional host sites I am giving this the highest priority at this time.
Once the regional sites are identified and the schools assigned, we will post them on the KSHSAA wrestling home page.

Check the KSHSAA Wrestling page “2009-2010 Announcements” page next week for more updates and announcements.