Not sure I understand a couple of the posts sinc my post about the 2008 BM 5A regional sending wrestlers to State who did not win a matc at region. My local HS had at least one, if not two, wrestlers go to state without a win. Still do not think that was fair to a lot of good wrestlers in all weight classes everywhere who wrestled down to the wire but got eliminated deep in the backside. Not everyone gets to State, but those who do should have earned it.

As for not having a repeat of the BM regional this season, split the 3-5 inner city KC schools with small wrestling squads to the other KC/east Kansas 5A regional, or perhaps assign one school to the Topeka/Central KS regional.

I am not knocking any of the KC inner city schools and athletes---my wife is a counselor at one of these schools. These athletes, coaches, and parents all work hard and support their programs in all sports. As I recall last year, it was not kids from these city schools who back-doored into State, it was kids from suburban schools with big squads who filled their team's opens with JV wrestlers--who then got wiped out in the first round at State.

Bill Mason Lansing