We should start a new thread called "112 - Keep the Change!"

At this weight more than others, I have dedicated coaches, dads and fans that know these wrestlers in detail. I also have seen most of these battles.

Isaac Ruiz and Zac Dremel have taken the biggest hits from the latest action. Ruiz especially. I am a huge Isaac fan and all he did was lose two VERY close matches to Williams and Dremel. That moved him to #4 in 6A. Then.... A 22-1 Dremel loses to a 5 loss Hood only to be pinned on the backside by a 7 loss Haralson. Williams, who has had a fantastic season, with his only loss at 112 to Bo Pursel (We'll get back to him), beats Haralson and loses to Austin Hood (He's back from the carnage of Eudora by the way). Yes, Prescott beat Haralson earlier. Oh well, let's get back to the story. Boyer! He was the last man standing after the smoke cleared at Eudora. He could hardly get the smile off his face until Zac Dremel showed up with an attitude at JOCO. We have already read the Dremel chapter so let's talk about the human wrecking ball named Dalton Miller. He has basically destroyed everybody that he's met, including majoring Boyer, until...a small town kid named Schumacher, who owns a victory over Prescott (his only quality win), didn't care about his record and came within a locked hands call of beating the king at 112. Now to your original question. Why is Kmiec ranked so high? He has two losses. One to Ruiz, and one to Martinez. One big positive for Aspen (maybe bigger than the pursel pin) is that he pinned Garcia from Blue Springs, who is likely to win MO state.

Some parting thoughts:

1. Dalton Miller's success aside, my personal opinion is that in a super bracket, Bo Pursel is the best 112 in Kansas.

2. Dylan Schumacher is better than my #7 ranking.

3. Bo Newport has escaped scrutiny and on any given day could also wear the belt (or the All-Class T-shirt!)

4. I expect Isaac Ruiz to rise up and be counted at the end.

5. This weight would be exhibit A in the case for a Grand State!

Eric Johnson

Acts 4:12