Great discussion about two of the best in Kansas. I appreciate Rodney's input and certainly have been impressed with Joey this year. The Dotson win was the first nationally recognized win for him and lifted him into the discussion with Ryne.

The year began with the hopes that these two would possibly meet three times this season. Garden City had competed at Derby and Basehor in the past along with St. James. Then GC rescheduled and left out both of those tournaments. That left only their own tournament for a possible match-up. With that also changing, we are still left with our known criteria for the 145 pound class.

Some of which are:

Ryne Cokeley:

- 2X State Champion

- 30 Career Fargo wins!

- His Freshman season, Ryne competed in what was possibly the toughest state bracket in any class. That bracket included Sharky Slyter, Tyler Anderson, Zac Sparr, Derrick Weller, Zach Jesseph, a 30-1 Ribelin, Denzell Davis and Nick Rockhold. He also went 2-0 vs. Parker Madl that year.

- No other current HS wrestler in Kansas has competed nationally like Ryne Cokeley. He wrestled 165 matches last year!

Joey Dozier:

9th - DNP
10th - 4th at State
11th - 3rd at State

- Great wins over Parker Madl, Cade Blair and Victor Dotson!

I believe these two would be a very close match. They are both in the elite level of the class of 2010. We are at a pivotal point in the season and another state bracket awaits. I wish the best for both of these awesome kids.

One question remains...

Can we get both of them to enter the newly created High School Division at Kids State?!

Eric Johnson

Acts 4:12