Originally Posted By: Buster84
In my opinion (and I am biased) Joey is the #1 wrestler in the State at 145. This year he is undefeated in Kansas and has beaten Victor Dotson (Texas Canyon-Randall). Joey and Victor were wrestling at 152 lbs. at the time. Victor is a two-time state champ and I believe he won the Oklahoma Open pinning all of his opponents. Victor was ranked in the top 30 nationally. Ryne took second at the Oklahoma Open at a higher weight. Joey's only loss was to Jake Snider (Colorado Ponderosa) 4-3. Jake is ranked #7 nationally.

Just a clarification here. Victor did NOT win the Oklahoma Open this year, he got 2nd. He was getting creamed when he got pinned. It is funny that he was at 140 in November and then wrestling 152 just a few weeks later in HS. The Oklahoma Open has remote weigh ins and in my opinion they were not very strict.

This past fall Ryne won the Bighorn Nationals at 152 beating Andy McCulley (Rock Springs, WY) ranked nationally in the top 20.
Champion Ryne Cokeley Kansas
2 Andy McCulley Wyoming
3 Tylar Parker Colorado
4 Britt Thompson Montana
5 Logan Addis Arizona
6 Brandon Hoffman Colorado

Joey placed 6th at the 2009 Monster Match Nationals

1 Andy Rico
Texas Tribe WC

2 Tylar Parker
Frederick Warriors

3 Joshua Martinez
Frederick Warriors

4 Vicente Gallegos
Arvada West

5 Jesse Werth
Fort Collins HS

6 Joey Dozier
Greater Gold Garden City

behind Tylar Parker, Vinny Gallegos, and Jesse Werth. Three wrestlers Ryne has beaten in the past 12 months.

Last edited by Cokeley; 02/13/10 05:11 AM.

Will Cokeley
(708)267-6615
willcokeley@gmail.com