Will,

I stand corrected about Victor. I guess that tarnishes the win quite a bit. I don't know about the weigh-ins, or what Victor was weighing at the tournament.

You are correct about Joey's placing at Monster Match. It is my understanding that there were issues affecting the two matches he lost. He and his coaches decided not to wrestle the last match. It was an unpleasant experience for him, but a life lesson. Additionally, you have to take into account that this was pre-season and Joey only had sporadic conditioning practices prior to the tournament. He did not have any of his wrestling partners available. As you know in Western Kansas you can't just go down the road a few miles to practice with another team for pre-season tournaments. Joey wanted to wrestle at this tournament knowing he was in a tough spot. In the end, it is what it is, 6th Place. He is wrestling at a much higher level now than what he was in pre-season. Apples and oranges.

Wow, based on all of this information I guess now I would be happy if he could just keep the match close. Just kidding. smile We are aware of Ryne's accomplishments. Ryne is extremely skilled and focused! His accomplishments have been posted by many and Kansans are proud of him.

Due to the fact that they have not wrestled the only person that can give an unbiased opinion is Cade Blair and I don't think he cares one way or the other. I believe Ryne has wrestled one of Joey's teammates in the past and we can draw some comparisons from that.

Thanks for clariying the issues.

Last edited by Buster84; 02/13/10 03:37 PM.

Rodney Dozier