Just want to give a shout out to Drake Lovvorn of Holton, placing 4th at 152. He won 2 matches on Friday 18-15 against Numrich and beat Haug of StJames. Lost to Son 5-2.
Saturday came back to beat Numrich again 7-2 to go for 3rd place.
Lost 8-1 to Picking in a match that was much better than the 8-1 score. Drake had lost to Picking at Holton's Regionals 16-1 and improved..giving Picking a match to remember going 0-0 first period and getting his escape for the 1st point in the match. Maybe even suprising Picking as his coaches helped him from the mat followning their match. Proud of Drake for getting in a throw and taking Picking to the mat on his back...even if it was at the edge and didn't get the takedown points. To have placed 4th at the 152lb in 4A seems to be quit a feat. I feel like Drake has been a contender for this all season and he has proved himself. At the beginning of the season I said that from all of your rankings and all of the talk thru out the season... I would hope that there would be someone to place that wasn't on the radar. You ranked Drake at 5th in 4A about half way thru the season and that's great but I'm glad to see how it ended up on the mats this weekend! Congrats to all of the State Placers!
Kim Lovvorn
Holton