Originally Posted By: doug747
I think what you guys need to understand is that the All Class rankings are based on an all class tourney taking place. A school may have had a guy at the Newton or Basehor tourney that won it, or placed, and received those team points, whereas at an All Class tourney, that same kid may not place, and only get advancement points for whatever matches they win, not placement points. I can only imagine how much time it takes to try to put together the All Class bracket and go thru it.

The individual class rankings took care of themselves last weekend, this All Class thing is another animal........

We could save Renegade a lot of time if we had the Grand State! Top 4 from each class battle it out!!!!!!

Well of course, no need to tell me that. That's almost a duh. But until we have this all class tourney that you speak of, the best we can do is compare teams throughout the year and especially after state for I do know that "in life you get credit not for what you start but for what you finish". Chief made a comment about Clay so I made a comment about some other teams, etc., and it went from there. Isn't that how it is supposed to go.
Obviously Chief will be putting his final top ten teams together and may just do it off of a point system that he develops based from individual rankings in the respective weights. I can see that, that could/would be appropriate. But I could also see just developing it off of how they finished as teams factoring in some commons throughout the year to compare the classes. Either way, my top three are Goddard, Clay Center and Andale with Derby and Emporia close behind. For me a question would be what about Andale? What do you do with them? We all know they are one of the best. But where were they in the end? How much do you factor for Hattabaugh? If they had him would that have made the difference? And do you even consider that? Etc. What about Garden City? They looked really good up until state and then they fell apart. Do you punish them for that and if so why would you not punish Andale although I know that was different with the injury. Maybe Garden City would say well we lost McElroy and had some injuries right before state. VC and Lansing might have had some injuries I do not even know about. Emporia would probably have something to say about being number one although they placed behind Goddard and Clay Center at tournaments. And yes, Norton is really good as is Abilene.