sundevil- thanks for the confidence in Zack. MFE- at this point in time I agree with chief that Chase deserves the number 1.
Zack did loose once this year to Eck- Zack had not wrestled for one month, had been in the hospital with CT scans, iv fluids and was not even going to wrestle at Bobcat- he was 9 pounds under- the score was 1-0 until the last 10 seconds when he tried a gramby and gave up 3. Zack has not otherwise been riden by anyone all year- still, no excuses and he has never made any. He has never said anything about the rankings. He has always handled himself with great sportsmanship and respect. Watch the videos and see how he reacted when 2 points were awarded and then taken away for a takedown at state finals or when an escape was awarded and both kids thought there was no escape.

His quality h.s. wins include- wins over U. DeShazer (2 time 2nd)
win over Beasly last year (state champ this yr), win over Dane Norris (state champ) win over J. Vesta (state champ), major over Bo Newport (2nd); pinned R. Whittemore (2nd at state);15-1 win over Rose last yr (Nichter beat Rose by 1 pt); 14-8 win over Davis last year (Davis beat Moeder twice last year)
Other quality wins in middle school included folksytle wins over Bontz, Cokeley, Gentzler, Seaton... He is also the defending KS freestyle and greco champion. To boot-like Parker Madl, he did not cut any weight this year and like Parker and Ryne he was 1 match away from All-American at Fargo

So, MFE, I have no beef at all with Chase at number 1. A great kid and outstanding wrestler who has proved himself over time. I do have a beef when you say you think the match would not be close.