The only reason I even threw the injury name game out there is because Hattabaugh was the top ranked wrestler in his weight in 4A and the All-Class. This was a significant loss for Andale that kept them from reaching their true potential.

While Emporia missing Bryce Dakin for much of season hurt them he was likely not going to place in that beast of a weight class unless the cards fell right. Tommy Williams of STA found this out the hard way going 1-2.

As for the Clay Center heavy weight, Dalton "Chuck Taylor" Converse, having a significant outcome on his team's state title bid I'm hard pressed to say with only a 2-1 record heading into the Newton Tournament. Converse did perform well at Newton up until the injury, but 285 in 4A was no cake walk with two of the top heavies in the state.

And I digress. This is all mute now state is over and a new leaf has turned. Let's look forward to the Kid's State Series, Metro Classic, Senior Classic, NCAA Finals, Senior Nationals, Brute Nationals, ect.

[Linked Image from media1.tenor.com]