We had a lot of significant guys out through various parts of the season, and being able to fill in those spots and still be successful is what makes a great team. I would be willing to say that most teams at some point during the season were not at full strength. There are many "what ifs" we can look at, and to be honest the rankings are great, but they are strictly opinions based off of performances. Proving it is where it counts. I believe Andale with Hattabaugh would have been a better team, and then you could say that Clay Center would have scored more points with Converse. Hattabaugh did score 3 points for his team in the tournament. His team ended with 105 so if you deduct the 3 team points he gained his team, without him is at 102. Clay Center scored 129 which is a 27 point difference. Tyler Anderson Scored 2 falls, a major decision, & a decision in the finals which totaled 27 points. Hattabaugh could have likely had the same outcomes in his matches (getting 2 falls and a major would not have been easy at this weight). That would make a tie, but using the "what if" method Dalton Converse is healthy and wins one match for Clay Center it still equals a Clay Center victory. It was a very fun tournament to watch in 4A this year and I encourage anyone who has never been there to attend next year.

Brandon Pigorsch
Head Wrestling Coach
Clay Center Community High School