Originally Posted By: Cokeley
X,

Brackets of 16 at regionals may have kept some of your 6A, 8 man bracket qualifiers at home. 4A is a marathon while 6A is a sprint. This could have made an even bigger difference. I know that you feel the quality, based on earlier posts, of the 6A depth is greater and we will always disagree on this, but you still have to win four matches to get first, not three and at least three to qualify instead of just two.

No Cokeley, I never said that. I would never say the quality of depth in 6A is greater. The quality of depth is greater in 4A, that is kind of a no brainer. I might say that the top 5 teams in 6A are better than the top 5 teams in any other class, but after that in 6A, it drops off considerably.

I agree that the brackets of 16 would have kept some of Goddard's 8 man bracket qualifiers at home, only two though, the two that didn't factor into my points analysis. But everybody that placed for Goddard in 6A would have placed in 4A. They probably would not have placed overall as high though and that is why I gave Goddard 131 points in 4A where they scored 149 in 6A and that 131 was very very conservative. You suprise me with that comment Will. You of all people know that Goddard is no typical 6A team. They have one of the toughest schedules out there. Their kids are the cream of the crop. They have all competed for a long time. They all compete in the off season. Many go to the Brawl or Brute or both. Most compete at the Classic, Subs, District and Kid's State. They added to the proof of their legitimacy by winning the high school division of Kid's State.

Look at Chief's team list and that verifies my comment about the top 5 teams though. Four of the top 10 are from 6A, two are from 5A, three are from 4A and one is from 3A. Not only does this show what I said about the top 5, but it also shows that all this talk about combining 6A and 5A because "it is not fair now" is ridiculous. Now if you want to say combine 6A and 5A to make it fair you can, if you combine 4A and 3A. I could see that as fair and could go for that, but just to combine 6A and 5A is ludicrous. If you did combine 6A and 5A but not the others then SIX of the top 10 would be in 5A/6A, THREE would be in 4A and ONE would be in 3A. Now how is that FAIR?