Originally Posted By: Chief Renegade
X....

Finally had some time so let me explain my opinion of your "new" look at the CC/GD comparison.

I had not mentioned it before but I do believe that there is merit in giving 4A a weighted advantage over 6A. Not much has changed since my first response to your challenge so my initial weight by weight analysis is still how I feel. It's far from "your stupid too". You cut a little new ground so let me try to address that.

112 - I disagree. Martinez is a tough kid but I see no compelling reason to jettison Wolf from the podium. He took 6th in a bracket that makes 6A/112 pale.

145 - I disagree. Dakota Hayes finished 38-5 and took 6th. I believe he's better than Elliott.

189 - I disagree. Anderson was a human wrecking ball that hit the immoveable object named Dylan Walker, on the wrong day. Walker rose to the occasion and wrestled a flawless state tournament. Nothing against Dalton. I just believe that Anderson is better.

215 - You are probably right about Hicks. When he got the Knudson monkey off his back, he was a new man. I was glad to see it and knew that he had it in him. I actually thought he might win the final match.

These differences and a few others kept me from crowning Goddard.

Great to see your response Chief.
So now we are getting some where.
Let's break it down some more.

Ok, at 112 I agree that Wolf cannot be jettisoned from the podium for Martinez. Wolf is very deserving of any podium as he is as salty as they come. My son has had some great matches with him over the years. My point was that Martinez did beat Kolterman at the Brawl and you had said that you gave the edge to Kolterman which would be unjustified. Kolterman finished top 8 so Martinez could have which would give Goddard no less than +1 (instead of +3) there so that makes it 129 and a half to 129, Goddard.

Ok, at 145 to be as conservative as possible I will give you that which means -3 more Goddard so that makes it 129 to 126 and a half Clay Center.

I see your point at 189 but here is my problem there. On February 24, you had Banner and Blazevic, both 6A, as your #1 and #2 all-class. Then they lose to Beard and Chaparro and they get bumped way down. You could have just as easily left Banner at #3 but put Beard and Chaparro at #1 and #2 but you didn't. Because Beard and Chaparro proved better then Banner and Blazevic, 6A got demoted and I think that is wrong. Are you saying that you made a mistake with Banner and Blazevic? And if so Chief, then you could be wrong about more than that, namly your assessment of the whole Goddard/Clay Center thing. But to be as conservative as possible, I will give Beard 3rd vs. 1st which means -3 more for Goddard and a tally of 129 to 123 and a half Clay Center.

At 215, glad you agree with me on this one so Hicks wins and Goddard gets +4 here making it 129 to 127 and a half Clay Center.

So Chief we are back where we started with Selves as the factor. Earlier you said you would give Goddard Selves. He has not been factored in yet. Will you give him to Goddard now? Because if you do, that is no less than +5 which makes it 132 and a half to 129 Goddard. So, without Selves, the victory goes to Clay Center. With Selves, the victory clearly goes to Goddard.

Thanks Chief, enjoyed it.