I just ran across this thread. To not have Justin Ware in this list, completely invalidates the list. I grew up with Justin, went to the same small elementary school with Justin, went to wrestling tournaments every Saturday with him. I never saw him lose a match. I saw him win HS Nationals with a pin in the finals. Not until college did I see him lose. I was wrestling DII in North Carolina at the time. He was at Nebraska. Nationals was held at UNC. He came in ranked #6 in the country as a freshman. Record of 24-3 or something like that. He had wrestled Alan Fried very close. Justin lost his opening two matches. They were nail biters. I know he lost to Shannon Gillespie in a really close match and to a guy from Boise State. I thought Justin should have won. After day 1 of the tournament, I was hanging out with the team and all they could do was praise him and talk about how good he was going to be. In my opinion, he could have been NC at least 2 times.
As far as Temoer... I saw Justin wrestle him a few times. Did I mention I never saw Justin lose until college? I bet if you look at Temoer's record, probably at least 3 losses were to Justin. We were in the same conference.
As far as Justin not sticking it out. That's a tough criteria to add. If he was anything like me, he just needed a break. I know I did. I got hurt, took a year off and never got back. Dont hold that against him. But... If we're talking best HS school wrestlers he is in there.

Last edited by stultzee; 07/30/12 01:06 AM.