All I can say is.....WOW!

I just got back from Topeka and still have a grin on my face. That was one awesome HWT match.

Butler beats Geary 6-3.

1st period: Some great scrambles as the crowd was electric. The Topeka faithful screaming for Geary. The Leavenworth crowd chanting NATHAN BUTLER. 0-0 No score.

2nd period: Butler escapes after about 30 seconds. He shoots on Geary and it looked like he just hit an oak tree. Of course he did as Will is basically an oak tree. 1-0 Butler.

3rd period: Geary escapes very quickly, immediately turns and hits a textbook blast double driving Butler to the mat while almost sinking a half. Butler escapes at the 1:38 mark and it's now 3-2 Geary. At this point Geary knows no other gear than forward. He pushes the action instead of sitting on the lead. Reacting to a Geary reach, Butler gets the arm drag as Will tries to counter with a whizzer but gets tilted to his side. Butler gets the takedown and Geary rolls across his back costing him an additional two back points. I disagree with the near fall call but Nathan definitely earned the takedown. Geary gets to his feet at least 3 times in between at 4 blood time breaks. Butler fails in attempting to return him and was warned. The match ends in a 6-3 decision for Nathan Butler as he thrusts his arms in the air to a roaring crowd.

Man do we have two quality heavyweights in Kansas!!!

Congrats to Nathan Butler and thanks to both guys for a blast of a time!

Eric Johnson

Acts 4:12