Originally Posted By: Dean Welsh
Originally Posted By: BulldogAlum
Originally Posted By: Cokeley
Originally Posted By: Hilbillywrassler
Other match I read about a slam was called and kid out for season. The wrestler was allowed to finish tournament and go to state. Why is Wilson kicked out for last tournament of career? Was it worst than slam? Maybe I'm missing something. He must have grabbed other kid by ears and gave him an old fashioned head butt?

Although the severity of the action is in question, the officials on the mat came to a conclusion that will forever be their judgement call. Wilson did not get kicked out of the state tournament. By rule, when you commit FM you do NOT place so he did not qualify for state.

Watching the video linked below, there seems to be no question that the Wilson kid headbutted the opponent, intentionally or not.
What a shame, the kid had to know that he was down 12-3 and time running out, and further questionable that he could even possibly have enough time to pin the other wrestler.
Should have just accepted that he would get 2nd and go to State, get another chance there.

http://www.wibw.com/sports/headlines/5A-Regional-Wrestling-From-Seaman-191550751.html[u][/u]

I don't see a video at the above link. Is anybody else having that problem also?

Thanks.

Click the above link, then wait for the video to populate, then click it.

It works for me.

And I also do not have a dog in this fight, but my opinion is that the call should have been USC, not FM.

Hopefully upon review it will be downgraded to USC.

Last edited by BulldogAlum; 02/18/13 09:20 PM.