Originally Posted By: sportsfan02
Originally Posted By: Murph
If this was Kids wrestling and was in Subs, District, or State, and he was ejected, he would miss this year's State series AND next year's State series.

Check out the ejection reports. There are 12 youngsters that were ejected from last year's Series; AND they are barred from wrestling Subs this year.

I feel bad for this young man, but perhaps just as bad for the young kids that will miss TWO State tournaments for Kids, all because of one moment of bad judgement.

As long as we are addressing this subject, I suggest that this rule needs to be addressed in Kids wrestling. The punishment needs to match the wrongful actions. I don't think it does.

Subject for another board! And it was and voted to remain as it is.

My apologies. I did high-jack the thread a bit. But I thought it was noteworthy that Kids has such a harsh penalty when compared to high school students. Plus, I hope to garner support from those that interested in both high school and Kids.

And I will be raising the issue on the Kids portion as Subs gets closer. No decision is final and I don't think most parents are aware of this rule.