Originally Posted By: HokaheyCoach
I want to say something in defense of the Heights coaching staff and say that Coach Albers and Coach Parks are great people and they did not go after Spencer. I heard it myself that neither of them wish to see a career end like that. With that I say that Spencer was wrong and made a bad decision at a very bad time. I know I wish to see him continue as does Nick and the Heights staff as we are all wrestling fans... the last thing I want to hear is there was a Heights coach trying to lesson the competition for Nick come state... I think after the score at :15 left in the 3rd, we all know that Nick is the one to beat.

From what I have read on this thread, (A) the official initially called FM (B) he then reversed himself and called it USC. (C) The Heights coaches were arguing with the official, saying that it should be FM, the Seaman coaching staff did not argue pro or con, they waited for the official's decision. (D) the Heights coaches KNEW that if they were successful in arguing their case for FM that Wilson would be disqualified for State; ultimately the decision was made by the official to re-reverse the call and make it FM, thus automatic DQ for Wilson at State.

Conclusion: The Heights coaches WANTED the disqualification, otherwise, why argue for FM? Their wrestler was going to State anyway, right?

Just my observations as a disinterested fan, got no dog in this fight... But if the facts above are as stated, then a reasonable conclusion could be drawn that the Heights coaches wanted Wilson eliminated as competition.
Hard to believe, right?