One major problem with an online talk forum is that statements can be repeated so frequently that they become generally accepted as true, even when preceded with qualifiers such as "if it is true" or "assuming things were as stated."

Because of the nature of this incident and the repercussions to an outstanding wrestler, it has generated a lot of traffic, with valid arguments over whether the head butt occurred and whether it should have been called flagrant misconduct. It has also been alleged that the Shawnee Heights coaches were pushing for the FM call, an allegation that has been then repeated several times until it appears to be almost accepted as fact.

I have heard from the SHHS coaching staff and, although they admitted to being upset over the head butt, they were adamant that they did not request or pressure the official to declare a flagrant misconduct. I know Coach Parks well and am confident that he would not deny this if it were the case. I'd like to caution everyone about being careful about accepting unsupported allegations as fact!