I think the ranking system has some merit; HOWEVER, it would have to be much more defined than a Bronze Coach. I'm sure you saw all the people on the floor this weekend that are Bronze certified and I personally don't want all of those people voting on something like this. Remember as long as you can pass a loose background check and pay the money you get a card. (I believe that to be a whole separate issue, those standards are way too loose, but that is a discussion for another day.)

As I mentioned earlier I believe an advisory board of the top 2 from each district or top 5-8 from the whole state (maybe each district doesn’t have someone considered to be the best of the best) would be a good idea, they can review small clips of video sent in and determine if there is a mistake or give the coach the proper interpretation of the rule and share that on these boards or elsewhere to help educate the whole community. This group could also pick the state crew and they could do the rating as mentioned above. Maybe the club/tournament directors could vote, I’m not 100% sure on how you limit it but to say all Bronze cards is probably not right either.

I understand this is all easier said than done but if you don’t start somewhere it will never change.

Also as mentioned before we have some great guys out there, everyone is capable of having a bad day and I wouldn’t want the job. I think the lost point here may be that we just want to refine the process and ensure the best of the best are at qualifying tournaments. Club coaches can be a complete pain in the butt to deal with. Most all are smarter than anyone else on the mat when trying to defend our kids.