Also, Nigel on MAT 11/12 did a great job as usual with handling a few situations he was in. Professional and courteous.

I also found out that Matthew Weaver has MS and it makes it hard for him to get up and down and move around as much as the other younger refs, I never knew of this and feel bad about his situation, however, if we aren't physically able to be agile enough to snap to MAT level and make an attempt to make a call that is fully supported, then he shouldn't be officiating a state tournament. I am in no way shape or form saying anything negative about his condition, but if you're physically impaired, you need to know your limits. It would be nice to know these things beforehand as well so we know what to expect. I'm sorry in advance if I have offended anyone bringing up his condition, is was used to shed light on the situation, not make fun or ridicule.

Also talked to Billy, we revisited why he came over and sat behind me, he stated that he was just making sure that nothing was going to be escalated. He also made me aware that he was very passionate of his duties as an official and that has been deemed at times to be intimidating. I fully agreed with him smile With that said, I hung up the phone relieved a bit and felt better about the full situation. Hopefully something was accomplished on both sides.

We all want what's best for the kids, that's our objective as coaches/parents/officials, I just wish there was a smoother avenue of approach at times...

Jimmy Moison - Lawrence Elite Wrestling Club
785-224-7349 - jimmy.moison@gmail.com