I think that the liaison or district rep should be present at the board meetings, then at the end of the year (like Mark S did with the photos) the coaches be able to vote in their recommendations of what top 6 district officials should be at the State tournament. Each district would have actually 7 officials, 1 head, and 6 officials. That would give a total of 28 officials and each could take a shift. Example: First day, each of the districts have 3 refs + the head official, midday, swap the refs out to give the others a break and do the same for the next day with the exception of if a certain official has too many complaints the first day, he doesn't get the chance to officiate the championship matches. Anyone reading this will agree that many officials get tired of the BS toward the end of the day and they would just rather get things over with.

Also, the head official from each district would be a liaison for any immediate appeals, fill ins, and other discussions - Heck, even have like a table in the middle of the arena with nice and comfy chairs for them to just observe - I know it seems like this is something that would be OK for an NCAA event or a professional event, but Kids State SHOULD be treated as a professional event, not just some amateur thrown together event for little Johnny.

If something doesn't change, it will get worse. And before you know it, you will have guys like me (or Mr. Hinderliter) out in a freestyle singlet with a mask announcing the awards. Wouldn't look too professional... smile

Last edited by JACD_Moison; 04/02/13 01:05 AM.

Jimmy Moison - Lawrence Elite Wrestling Club
785-224-7349 - jimmy.moison@gmail.com