Originally Posted By: Sig
You all have heard the saying it could be worse?

Start watching around 4:30

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=DR9w7k84X50

Makes our issues seem petty.

There are a couple of issues in this video.

1. The most glaring, to me, was the coaches first stop was to the official instead of his wrestler. You have an unconcious athlete on the mat. That is priority #1. I did not see any medical personel come to this kids aid. There were multiple coaches standing around while this kid was laying on the mat face down.

2. Instead of defusing the situataion the official escalated it. he should have been on the mat with the wrestler. Instead he walks away from him to make sure the coach gets tossed. Officals are there to protect our wrestlers first then make sure pionts are awarded correctly. Defuse the situation first by not yelling and making sure the wrestler is taken care of.

This could serve as a case study as to what not to do as a coach and official. There is plenty of time to hash out who was at fault or who missed what after the wrestler is taken care of. If that were my child I would have dressed down the coach and official as both were being childish and selfish putting there own interests in front of the well-being of the wrestler.