Originally Posted By: K Ashpole
Spexy,

The officials on Mat 1-2 were Van Kuhn, Cody Munsch and Jared Martin. I agree, they did an outstanding job. I was not called to these mats the entire tournament (that I remember).

Regards,

Keith Ashpole

Hi Keith!

I am glad that he came in to offer some insight. I was fortunate to have Keith as an official while I coached at Bishop Carroll. He is an official that gets it. He does his job but understands that we, yahoo coaches full of competitive piss and vinigar, have a tendency to "ask pointed questions" or "make heated statments". He went out of his way to make sure that we had a working relationship instead of a combative relationship. I can remember times that he made every attempt to help me understand why a call was made and he made it consistantly. He was very approachable and was willing to talk about situations anytime they came about. Get this....He even told me when he missed a call that one time. That being said all me and my coaching staff had to do was. 1. Walk to the table. Not the middle of the mat. 2. Use a calm voice. 3. Ask the question "What to you have here?". 4. If it was a scoring / time issue let the offical work it out with the table. 5. Keep it breif and get back to wrestling. I knew that if there was an issue with another official Keith would listen to my concern and either explain why the offical was right or tell me why I had a valid case to be concerned.

That being said...He does a great job.

Craig Adams