I would support having an officials webpage with photo id. I believe this would help identify officials at a tournament, several officials do not have their number on their uniform, so finding out who they are may be a little tricky. I am an official and I have attached my photo to my posts and I encourage all officials to do so. I officiated nearly 1000 matches this year, but very few people actually know my name. I believe that I let my officiating talk for me as I do not "campaign" myself to try and persuade people that I am good enough to officiate state. I have thought about officiating state before, but have been turned off by the amount of politics there is in getting to officiate at state. I believe the current process seems alright, but could be tweaked a little. Maybe take 1 officiate away from each district and have an "at large" official get in. Either way, the way this forum is going after large tournaments(Salina and State)it is very irratating to listen to people blame the end of the world on officials. We try hard to make the most correct call, and make the day enjoyable for all. If you have a problem with the way officials are calling matches there are rules for handling the situation, yelling at officials and giving evil stares is not appropriate. I was fortunate not to have many of encounters like that this year. I officiated at Wichita and found most if not all coaches to be very polite and understanding. Thanks to all coaches for this year, in my experiences it was a good year. See all of you again in the fall.

David Budke
USAWKS Referee
KSHSAA Referee
dbudke@fhtc.edu