In a perfect world, it would be nice if at the State Tournament, the only coaches permitted on the floor, were the ones of course holding the Bronze certification, and possibly a different color of USAW wrestling card (EX: Black designates state eligible, Yellow states, they have not completed 2 years of coaching under USAW) that basically states that the coach holding the card has been approved to be or not to be a state tournament coach at THE BEGINNING of the year by the HEAD COACH or CLUB PRESIDENT (which has to be when cards are purchased from Kathy), has completed 2 years of prior coaching while holding a USAW coaches card. Examples of situational ammendments are: A young coach that has no affiliations with a child wrestling (SON or DAUGHTER) that has wrestled in college or out of HS with experience (the head coach of the team/club will be the overall mediator/approver) This will help with several issues:

1. It will keep the floors at the state tournament clear

2. It will separate the newbie coaches from the veteran coaches

3. It will ease frustration with officials/coaches and possibly make the day a little more enjoyable for all

4. It will keep the mommy, daddy, grandma, grandpa, little or big brother/sister, aunt, uncle, friend, or anyone that doesn't know s$$t about the sport off the floor (nothing like coaching a kid all year to have dad barge in and take your place matside and coach his kid and noone elses or having mom or dad there with a video camera on the mat next to you elbowing you while yelling in your ear).

Together we can make this work! smile

Don't laugh, but here are my credentials if it makes a difference to some who may be thinking I am a hypocrite or a bigot:

Wrestled for the Topeka Tornados from 1979-1981
Wrestled for Chase Middle School in Topeka Kansas for 7th & 8th grade (8the grade took 3rd at the city tourney - no laughing I said!) = SUCKED
Wrestled for Highland Park High School and made it to state my sophomore year just because of an injured wrestler and they needed the points (as Andrew Dice may have said "they needed the points") = SUCKED - Basically I was a positive assistant (practice dummy) for my fellow teammates smile
Club president/coach for Topeka Blue Thunder 2007-2010
Assistant Coach for SH Thunderbirds 2010-2011
Assistant coach for Lawrence Elite Wrestling Club from 2011-present
Wrestled in the Sunflower State games in 2009 & 2010 only to find out how bad of shape I really was in
Have coached several national/state champions
Have 2 damn good sons as wrestlers/humans
Most of all, many parents that have loved me coaching their sons

I love the sport, and am only trying to help improve things for everyone, but mostly the kids

Jimmy Moison - Lawrence Elite Wrestling Club
785-224-7349 - jimmy.moison@gmail.com