Kit -

On Page #6 of the PDF it says that a SURVEY was done. Not a VOTE. It also said that it was sent to principals. Wrestling was 30-24 with 10 principals not responding.

http://media.trb.com/media/acrobat/2013-04/229572640-26151647.pdf

Also, it does not say in the proposal that the principals voted it down. Read the line on PDF Page #5 where it reads "Feedback on Wrestling (underlined) Coaches: Leave as one division".

It does not say that the Principals (underlined) did not want it. It does not say the ADs (underlined) did not want it. It does not say the KSHSAA executives (underlined) did not want it. It says that our peers (yes I am 3A, but we all our a few kids up or down from being 3A, 4A or 5A) did NOT want this!

Where is the disconnect here?

Where is Coach Jackson from Holton with his insight and other coaches from the Big 7 league that brought it forward. Maybe the survey (or straw poll, a coin flip, a rock-paper-scissor contest) was of the WRESTLING (underlined) Coaches in the BIG 7 League?

A survey of 64 PRINCIPALS does not indicate the WISHES OF THE 62 TO 63 WRESTLING Coaches in Class 4A. I've talked to many of these 4A coaches that were never asked by their principals. Can we see the detailed survey results?

If wrestling is NOT a TEAM Sport lets get rid of duals and State TEAM Titles. You compete individually as part of a TEAM! I think it was wrong that wrestling was left out of the split.

The answer now is "not who is to blame?" The answer is to decide as leaders in our sport if we are going to do something about it, if as a group we feel there has been a mistake made.

Getting off my soap box gently, I am getting older...
Doug Vander Linden
Burlington