Originally Posted By: Cokeley
Why not 48, 64, and the rest? We only need two state tournaments but lets at least move in the right direction and get to three.

The point MANY of you are missing is that the split is really about the number of schools but the total number of students. Another point, our wrestling state tournaments are individual state tournaments. We crown a state champ but dual state would be the BEST way to determine the best TEAM. Any of you who think KS should crown 5 state champions, individually, in wrestling, are completely out of your collective minds. Four is way too many to begin with. They only crown three in Wisconsin and they have twice the population we have. We can go on and on with examples. I am not sure ANY other state crowns five individual champions.

I think Arizona does. I will say that I think the New England states do it right, if you have more then one state tournament you then go to grand state, from grand state you go on to take on the rest of New Englands best (I believe 6 states combine for that in a 24 man Grand Region Championships. Top 4 in each state go (Grand State top 4 if you have more then 1 division)

Enlighten Me!