Originally Posted By: Beeson
Couple of points:
1) We can not pull them through the door. I have watched Will try and fight this battle for years and I see no improvement on Coaches working with kids, allowing wrestlers to participate at Tulsa or other tournaments during High School Season, classes being united, or a dual tournament. Maybe this needs to be attacked differently.

2)I am not 100% sure that it is the kids that are wanting to water down the classes. The kids are not the ones that get to vote, the coaches do. I am suggesting that, the coaches are the ones that are wanting a State Championship so bad that they are voting to water it down so they can feel accomplished. It's not a kid problem but a Administration problem. Bring home a State Championship boys.

3) You can not make kids want to TRY, to WORK HARD, or to SUCCEED. If this has not been instilled in them in a young age, only the parents can be blamed. It's not the kids fault. They are not causing the Pussification of America. They are the results of Parents who never made their kids TRY, WORK HARD, and SUCCEED.

We need to be attacking the problem. School Administrators, Parents, and High School Coaches. Not the Kids. The Kids are just a product of how Adults are acting.

Very Well said, most of the time a kids problems or shortfalls to succes are directly related to one of the 3 you mentioned.

Tracy Peterson
Buhler, KS