Originally Posted By: Cokeley
Originally Posted By: L.Geyer
Does Dan Gable have the coaching ability to do this? ABSOLUTELY. A better question is would the parents let him be a coach that he needs to be. It appears to me that many kids never reach their full potential, because they may have been yelled at or told they need to work harder by their coach, and then the parents are at the school or school board complaining that the coach yelled at my son/daughter. I know this is not the case at every school and with every wrestler, but it does seem to be happening more often, as parents want their kids to be successful, but not have to put in the work to do so.

Just my opinion for what it is worth.

The pussification of America...just what the Liberals want! Public education's philosophy, in general, a giant push for mediocrity.

Two Great Posts here. We have had good coaches fired here in Ark City for being too hard on the kids. Everybody wants to be good but few want to put in the time, effort, or discipline. Too many parents call the school to complain about working too hard or pushing the kids too much and then wonder why they do not get the results that they want, or used to get when parents let the coaches, coach.

I remember watching kids get jerked around by their facemasks in football. I remember getting only one water break a practice. I remember being pushed in the wrestling room to the point of tears. Coaches are not allowed to build character anymore. The kids are allowed to quit.

Pussification of America is running rampant, and it is the fault of THE PARENTS.

Unnecessary Roughness is Necessary