Originally Posted By: Cokeley
Originally Posted By: objective
my guess it is partly because some regulars have extreme views and are not really open for a positive discussion or accept other views and then many topics venture off into immature name calling and is not a welcoming atmosphere!
We all know that "we" often take exception to a team for what a supporter says. I do not want anyone having ill feelings toward the team I support because of some statement I said that was not intended to be offensive but perceived that way. I do know several coaches that do not post for that very reason. let's just say that posting is contrary to their better judgment!

This has not changed from year to year. In fact, from the late 2000's there is significantly less "trash" on here. However, trash is attractive the masses. Why do you think TV has take over our free time? If you watch the news it is mostly negative. It is just a 2D forum with words and no repercussions so I respect this view but I don't believe it is valid.

I agree that the personal bashing has driven away some posters....not that they don't still read it, but they just don't want to get into the sometimes really negative tit-for-tat or get called stupid. I like a little flaming myself, and don't mind expressing my opinions, but I hold back on this forum because it can turn so mean so quickly. I remember a year or so I gave my opinion or view on some call/situation and I think I was right on the rule, and pretty mainstream on the interpretation, of it but some guy just went nuts on me for that post and I had to make sure the doors were locked he was so worked up over nothing...and that's what my opinions are...nothing....

Its pretty risky for coaches and officials to try to participate in any critical discussions and they probably should stay away from it.

Last edited by Rford; 02/23/14 11:59 PM.