Klint, I appreciate the compliment. I will just take credit for running across Cael's Ask the Professor from his website to Bill (Des Moines) back in 2008 and posting it on this forum.
Obviously the credit for the ideas for the changes goes to Cael Sanderson. I think he has some real progressive and innovative ideas that could help wrestling especially at the college level.

The people on this forum are for the most part die hard lifetime wrestling people. We will always follow it. We love watching it on TV. Jacob, Linda and I love watching Big 10 TV for the TV coverage of duals, the Big 10 tournament and of course now the ESPN coverage of the NCAAs. I am sure everyone who is on the forum is the same way. The viewer that college wrestling is missing out on is the general sports fan who will turn on a regular season football or basketball game over all that current wrestling coverage I just detailed. This brings the money into football and basketball over wrestling. We need to build that type of interest into wrestling. What would follow would be more money into our sport and more college programs and scholarships.

I think Cael had some very interesting proposals on how college wrestling could start to build this interest with the general sports public. I would like to see the leaders of the sport including Cael get together discuss his ideas and those of others for the purpose of building wrestling as a sport of interest with the general public. They would need to be willing to do what Cael says in his answer to Bill.

I frequently ask myself why and what can we learn from more popular sports. It seems simple, the games that are easy to play and easy to follow are usually the most popular. We all want more media coverage, but we must give the media something they want to cover. It's a business.

We need to ask ourselves why the general sports public does not view wrestling as we do and what if anything can we do to start changing that. Cael Sanderson has done that.

Vince Nowak
Kansas College Wrestling Fund Supporter
Please join the fight with your contributions