Just a thought to maybe put on the agenda for the USAW Kansas Corporate Board, not sure how to do it. I know a few states who do kids wrestling main goal is to have the top 16 kids at state regardless of district. The best 16 kids at each weight and age deserve to be at the state tourney. How a couple I know of achieve this is by having no sub-districts, each district will have their district tournament on different weekends. For example this year lets say District 4 had their tourney, on February 28th, District 3 on March 7th, District 2 on March 14th and District 1 on March 21st. Every district tourney is open to anyone in the state. The top 4 at each will qualify for state, but once you have qualified you can not compete at another district tourney. You could try to qualify at all 4 district tournaments if you want as long as you have not already been top 4 in another district tournament. To me this would solve several issues and be better for the state as a whole.

1. We will get as close as possible to get the top 16 kids in the state into brackets at the state tourney and there will be less byes at the state tourney.

2. It really will not matter how districts are aligned. We can go back to the old way and there should be no complaints.

3. It will bring more revenue into every districts, district tournament.

4. Any family wishing to go to NCAA's will be able to make that choice and still try to qualify for state on a different weekend.

5. No complaining that your weight and age at your district is tougher than others and that you would of qualified in another district. Travel and prove it!!

Thoughts????

Last edited by John Taylor; 02/27/15 04:17 PM.