Originally Posted By: doug747
Kudos to those HS coaches that give a damn enough to actually go and watch their current and future HS wrestlers. If someone turns in a coach for a few words of advice at a kids' tourney, that person is a chicken sh*t. Plain and simple.

Many years ago and another program ago I was turned in for sitting in the stands watching a kid wrestle and out of reaction screamed some advice. I normally don't try to step on the toes of club coaches when coaching as it's "Their Turn" (Can't say I get the same courtesy in return) but I saw something, yelled it and was turned in to my A.D. I got a very good tongue lashing about it. I did not have to sit a dual or match but it was mentioned it was not in my best career interest to be coaching or advising anything out of season.

I have never entered a kids Folkstyle tournament again (Probably 9-10 years or more). I go watch some free-style and greco (During the school year) but I have and never will enter a USAWKS or National Folkstyle Tournament again until I have either quit coaching HS, or my own son chooses to wrestle.

I give a crap, it's just not worth the B.S. I do follow a lot on TrackWrestling from home etc. and watch what I can via live-stream and film.

Sucks, but that's just the way it is. There are rules in place and consequences for not following them. Whether I agree or not does not matter in the end. It's whether my bosses agree.