Not to dissuade you but this topic has come up before. In fact the KWCA put up a proposal to KSHSAA once before and it was soundly rejected. What many fail to understand is KSHSAA is YOU in a manner of speaking. It is in many senses controlled by YOUR school administrators which make up the Board of Directors and the Executive Board. The previous proposal was brought up and defeated by a group of principals and superintendents because not enough of them thought this would be a worthwhile event. I know part of that was that if they allowed wrestling to have such an event then every other sport would want another state sanction event similar to it.

What is interesting is that certain individuals such as Will Cokely have in years past tried to organize similar events outside of the KSHSAA sanction and there has never been enough interest generated to really make it happen. So one has to ask themselves, is this really something the wrestling community wants, or is it just the really die hard fans and perhaps a select group of competitors/coaches who want it?

Just this year I've seen a ton of teams who can't even fill a regular season dual lineup so this event would really only cater to a relatively small group of schools, mostly larger classifications who could actually compete in it. I love the idea but I'm not sure we have the mentality or the drive to actually get it done. Just my two cents.